Williams County Park Rules
Parks are your recreation areas. They are intended for the use and enjoyment of all who visit.
Please remember to be courteous to others and clean up after yourself! Anyone violating these rules set forth by the Williams County Park Board may be banned from use of the Williams County Parks and appropriate law enforcement action will be taken.
- Overnight visitors must have vehicles registered by paying the appropriate fee and displaying the registration permit in the vehicle windshield or conspicuously on the vehicle or shelter. Failure to do so will be considered Theft of Services under ND Century Code 12.1.23-03 and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
- Parks are closed, except to registered guests, at sunset each day.
- Quiet hours are from sunset to sunrise each day.
- No person may destroy, deface or remove in any manner any property belonging to this park to include trees, plants, or cultural resources.
- Owners must clean up after their pets. Dogs must be leashed at all times.
- Campfires may only be built in the provided fire rings, which may not be moved from their current location. All fires must be supervised by a person of at least 18 years of age and must be maintained in a safe manner in accordance of the ND Rangeland Fire Danger Index.
- Waste may only be disposed of in the proper receptacles. Garbage receptacles are intended for campers and day use patrons only.
- Vehicles may only travel on maintained roads and trails and are to be operated in full accordance with the law and follow posted speed limits.
- Hunting or shooting of any kind is not permitted within park boundaries.
- Septic tanks are for RV disposal only. Use is free with paid camping or for a fee for non-campers.
- No person shall camp for more than 14 consecutive days without permission of the Williams County Park Board (with the exception of McGregor Dam Campsite, which is closed to camping on Tuesdays and Wednesdays). If you wish to have a longer stay, you must vacate the park for at least 24 hours prior to returning for an additional stay.