The County Auditor serves as the election administrator for primary, general and special county, state, and federal elections. Elections are normally held every two years on even years.
General Election: November 8, 2022
|Submit Absentee Ballot Application||Return your application to the Auditor’s Office by mail, Drop Box, or in-person no later than October 28 if you would like your ballot mailed to you.|
|Receive Absentee Ballot||If you mailed your application before October 28, a ballot will be mailed back to you.
Ballots can be obtained in person at the Williams County Auditor’s Office between September 29, 2022 and November 7, 2022, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
|Submit Absentee Ballot||By mail: Must be postmarked no later than Monday, November 7. If you arrive at the Post Office to mail it ON November 7, you must ask for it to be “hand cancelled”
Drop Box or Auditor's Office Counter: No later than Monday, November 7 at 5 pm CT
|Vote at the Polls (if you did not vote via Absentee Ballot)||Election Day: November 8, 2022
Polls will be open from 8 am - 7 pm CT
North Dakota does not have voter registration. To be eligible to vote in North Dakota, a voter must be:
- A citizen of the United States;
- Eighteen years or older on the day of election;
- A resident of North Dakota; and
- A resident who has resided in the precinct at least thirty days immediately preceding any election; and
- Able to provide a valid form of identification such as a North Dakota driver’s license, nondriver ID, or tribal ID that includes your current residential address and date of birth. If your address is not current, you can update it online. If an individual’s valid form of identification does not include all the information required in 16.1-01-04.1(2) of the North Dakota Century Code, or the information is not current, the identification must be supplemented by presenting any of the documents as outlined in section 16.1-01-04.1(3)(b) of the NDCC. Additionally, North Dakota residents living outside of the United States may provide their passport as a valid form of identification.
Running for Office
Candidacy is now closed for Williams County offices, but there may still be opportunities for state offices. For more information, please click below.