Types of Inspections
The following inspections are the most common required inspections. Additional inspections may be required depending on the project. All construction must meet the requirements outlined in the current adopted North Dakota State Building Code.
- Footing: Call when footing forms and reinforcing are in place, but prior to the placement of any concrete.
- Foundation Wall: Call when wall forms are complete and all reinforcing is in place, but prior to the placement of any concrete.
- Structural Concrete Slab: Call when forms are complete and all reinforcing is in place, but prior to the placement of any concrete.
- Framing: Call when structural components are complete but prior to concealing with insulation or finishes. NOTE: All electrical and plumbing rough in must be in place.
- Insulation: Call when all insulation is complete, when all windows, doors, and exterior weather barriers are in place.
- Final: Call when project is complete and the State Electrical Inspector and the State Plumbing Inspector has signed off on the project. A final inspection must be done prior to occupying the structure.
THE ADDRESS OF THE SITE MUST BE POSTED AT ALL TIMES AND THE PERMIT AND PLANS MUST ALWAYS BE ACCESSIBLE ON THE BUILDING SITE