FAQ Topic: Permits & Licenses

How do I file for a beer and/or liquor license?

The Williams County Auditor’s Office issues beer and liquor licenses for establishments located outside of a corporate city limit, but within Williams County. The property of the proposed alcohol establishment cannot owe outstanding property taxes. Each application must also have a Township Consent Form signed by the township, as well as a Fire Inspection completed … Continued

What information is needed to apply for a building permit?

The following documents are required when submitting a Building Permit Application: Parcel ID Number (PIN): 14-digit number unique to every parcel. Use this map or search this database to find your PIN. Project Valuation: Total cost of the project including materials and labor. This does not include the cost of the land. Legal Description: Township, … Continued

What types of buildings are exempt from a building permit review?

Work exempt from a building permit includes: one-story detached accessory structures used as tool and storage sheds and playhouses provided the floor area does not exceed 120 square feet, fences under 8.5 feet in height, retaining walls under 4 feet in height measured from the bottom of the footing to the top of the wall, … Continued

How much does a building permit cost?

The minimum building permit fee is $75. Fees increase by: $4.00 per $1,000 in value up to $5,000,000 $1.00 per $1,000 in value above $5,000,000 If a commercial project plan review is required, then an additional 25% of the building permit fee is due for projects over $99,999. The maximum plan review fee is capped … Continued

How long is my building permit valid?

A building permit is deemed expired when no inspection has been requested for a period of 6 months. The permit does not expire as long as work is done and effort is made to complete the project.

How do I apply for a building permit?

A building permit is required when an individual intends to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, or change the occupancy of a building or structure. This includes but is not limited to: Any structural modifications Installation of modular and manufactured homes Garages and storage buildings, including pole barns Temporary housing unit or temporary office trailer Communications … Continued

When am I required to have my plans signed and sealed by a ND licensed design professional?

Residential: Documents are required to be signed and sealed when the proposed project is beyond the prescriptive measures outlined in the current adopted addition of the International Residential Code. Commercial: Regardless of size, when structural work is proposed, commercial projects require that a North Dakota licensed engineer sign and seal the plans. Additionally, commercial projects in excess … Continued

How do I register my vehicle?

Vehicle (car and truck) registrations can be renewed online, at the NDDOT kiosk located inside the Williston Cashwise (300 11th St W), or in person at the Williston Motor Vehicle Office (DMV) located inside of the Williams County Administration Building (206 E Broadway). Visit the Williston DMV’s webpage for more information about services and hours. … Continued

How do I get a marriage license?

Marriage licenses can only be obtained in-person at the Auditor’s Office and both parties must be presented. For more information, please visit the Marriage Licenses webpage. To request a certified copy of a marriage license, please complete this form.

Close window