When am I required to have my plans signed and sealed by a ND licensed design professional?

Residential: Documents are required to be signed and sealed when the proposed project is beyond the prescriptive measures outlined in the current adopted addition of the International Residential Code.

Commercial: Regardless of size, when structural work is proposed, commercial projects require that a North Dakota licensed engineer sign and seal the plans. Additionally, commercial projects in excess of 5,000ft 2 require a North Dakota licensed Architect signature and seal.

Close window