Tier II Reporting

It is mandatory for the following information to be submitted by facilities to the Williams County Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC), the district fire department for the physical address of the facility, and the North Dakota Department of Emergency Services (NDDES):

  • Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for a hazardous substance
  • A specific facility’s Hazard Substance Inventory Forms
  • Follow-Up Emergency Notices: hazardous material release information

The state of North Dakota is now using a consolidated and streamlined system for Tier II and spill reporting. Click below for more information!

Public Review

In accordance with SARA Title III this information is available for public review at the Williams County Department of Emergency Management. Individuals / agencies requesting to review a facility’s hazard substance inventory must submit the request in writing, inventory inquiries must be facility specific.

After receipt and review of an inventory information requests, the Williams County LEPC will schedule a time during normal business hours and staff availability for the requesting party to view the requested report(s).

For further information about the Haz Chem Preparedness and Response program, please contact:

Jeff Thompson
Haz-Chem Preparedness and Response, NDDES
Fraine Barracks Lane - Building 35
PO Box 5511
Bismarck, ND 58504
T: 701.328.8100
F: 701.328.8181
Toll Free: 800.773.3259

Requesting Tier II Reports/Safety Data Sheets

In accordance with Section 234 of the Superfund Amendment and Reauthorization Action (SARA Title III) of 1986. 

Upon written request from any person, the Williams County Local Emergency Planning Committee shall make available material safety data sheet(s) in accordance with EPCRA Sec. 324(b). If the Williams County Local Emergency Planning Committee does not have the requested material safety data sheet, the committee shall request the sheet from the facility owner or operator and then make the sheet available to the person in accordance with EPCRA Sec. 324(b).

Requests can be made through the Emergency Management Department. Please provide your name, address, telephone number and signature, the name and location of the facility and the reason why you are requesting this information. The Safety Data Sheets will be mailed to the requester. If you want to know what Fire District a particular entity is in, you can make that request also or search on the Fire and Ambulance District Map.

Close window