- Assessment Date - February 1
- Analyze sales ratio (the relationship between Assessed Value & sales price) & determine valuation changes on individual properties
- ALL Property Tax Exemption & Credit Applications are due February 1st.
- Mail Notice of Increases 15 working days prior to local Board of Equalization Meetings
- Statements of Farm Gross Income are due March 31st
- Local Board of Equalization Meetings– Townships & Cities - First 15 days in April
- County Board of Equalization Meeting - 1st 10 days in June
- Approved values are certified to the State Tax Commissioner’s Office
- Begin field inspections & sales tracking.
- State Board of Equalization Meeting in Bismarck - 2nd Tuesday in August
*Current year Applications for Abatement of Taxes can be filed after the State Board has certified their findings.
- Final day to file an Abatement for value set 2 years ago – November 1st.
- Mobile homes on permit are assessed.
- Exemption forms (Farm Residence, Organizations, Blind & Disabled, Homestead & Vets Credit) are mailed out to prior applicants.