The Williams County Victim/Witness Program helps victims of crime rebuild their lives and overcome the physical and emotional consequences of a crime. The goal of this program is to improve the treatment of victims and witnesses of crime by providing them with the services necessary to assist their recovery from a criminal act and to support them as they move through the criminal justice system.
Anyone that is a victim of a crime that is being prosecuted by the State's Attorney's Office has a right to victim services.
The program does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, sex, disability, or age.
- General information about the criminal justice system
- Notification of court hearings
- Information related to the availability of crime victims compensation, witness fees, and restitution
- Orientation to the courtroom
- Transportation and accompaniment to court, if necessary
- Information on available protective services
- Referrals to public and/or private helping agencies
- To be informed as to the status of the investigation
- To be informed as to criminal charges filed
- To be informed of the defendant's pretrial status
- To be provided a safe waiting area during trial
- To receive notice as to victims' and witnesses' participation in court proceedings
- To submit a Victim Impact Statement
- To receive information about available services
- Employer intercession
- To be informed of the procedures for receiving any witness fees to which they are entitled by law
- To have property returned that was taken as evidence
- To be present throughout trial
- To be informed of rights to a prompt disposition of the case
- To receive notice as to scheduling and cancellations of hearings
- To be consulted on any potential plea agreement
- To be advised of any verdict
- To receive prompt notice of defendant's release from custody
The ALL ND Victims Help Tool provides legal information and resources that can be helpful to a victim of a crime.
ND SAVIN, North Dakota's Victim Notification Service, is a free, secure, and confidential way to access custody status and information about criminal cases.
North Dakota offers compensation to crime victims who suffer physical or emotional injury.
The "Green Sheet" is produced by Dakota Family Solutions and provides information about housing, crisis services, medical facilities, and more.