FAQ Topic: General Government

Where do I find election information?

National, state, county, and city government elections are run by the Williams County Auditor’s Office. Find information about polling locations, ballot measures, and more on the Elections webpage. School Districts are responsible for running their own elections; please contact the School District directly for information about School District and School Board elections.

How do I register to vote?

There is no formal voter registration in North Dakota. To be an eligible voter, you must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid ID that contains your name, current North Dakota residential address, and date of birth. For more information about voting in North Dakota, visit the Auditor’s Office’s Elections webpage … Continued

How do I get a copy of a birth certificate?

Williams County does not provide copies of birth certificates. Certified copies of North Dakota birth certificates can only be obtained from the ND Department of Health’s Division of Vital Records.

How do I get a marriage license?

Marriage licenses can only be obtained in-person at the Auditor’s Office and both parties must be presented. For more information, please visit the Marriage Licenses webpage. To request a certified copy of a marriage license, please complete this form.

Close window