Purple Weeds in Field

Weed Control

Weed Dept Icon


Physical Address (and FedEx/UPS)
5218 141st Ave NW
Williston, ND 58801

Mailing Address
P.O. Box 2047
Williston, ND 58802-2047


Department Head: Tom Leo, Weed Control Officer

The Weed Control Department is responsible for the management and control of noxious weeds in Williams County. The department is governed by the Williams County Weed Control Board.

Equipment Rental

For $25 per day, the following equipment is for rent:

50 gallon UTV sprayer (two available)

50 gallon sprayer for weed control

25 gallon ATV sprayer (one available)

15 gallon UTV sprayer

Please call (701) 572-4883 for more information and to reserve.

Noxious Weeds

There are currently 14 noxious weeds found in Williams County. Thirteen are declared by the state of North Dakota.

An additional noxious weed was added to the list by Williams County Weed Board vote and supported by the Deputy Agriculture Commissioner from the ND Department of Agriculture.

If you have any weeds that should be added or removed from the above list, please contact Weed Control using the contact information provided to the left.

Cost Share Program

The Weed Control Board has established a county-wide cost share program for the purchase AND application of herbicide. The Weed Board will cost share up to 80% of herbicide cost for noxious weed control on non-crop land.  In addition, the Board is also offering 50% of application cost (labor) up to $1,500.

Please contact your local chemical supplier to get a copy of the form needed to participate or contact the County Weed Control office at 701-572-4883. You may also print the form from this website for your convenience. Please follow the directions on the form closely to qualify for cost share.


If you wish to purchase Tordon 22K, you must hold a current Pesticide Applicators certification. For more information on how to obtain a license or become certified, please contact the NDSU Extension - Williams County Office at 701-577-4595.

For any certified individuals who would like to send a non-certified person to pick up Restricted Use Pesticides (RUPs), an Authorization to Receive Restricted Use Pesticides (RUPs) form must be completed and brought with you on the first visit.
Close window