There are some key stipulations to the law that are required for you to annex your land.
- You must live in the area to be annexed.
- You must have a school age child or a child that will attend school in the upcoming school year.
- You must be connected or “contiguous” to the school district you want to annex into.
- You must have two-thirds of the people living in the area to be annexed sign the petition.
- You must be a qualified elector or live in your home for 30 days or longer and be over the age of 18 years.
For more information, visit the Annexation Process webpage.