Below is a brief outline of what the application process
looks like from start to finish:
- Fill out the “Application for a Building Permit”
- For Residential building projects submit application and one electronic copy or hard copy plans. For Commercial building projects submit application and two sets of plans, one electronic copy and one hard copy.
- Once the application has been accepted, it goes
into the review process to determine if the project meets the minimum
requirements of the Williams County ordinances and the 2014 ND State Building
Code. This includes the reviews that must be completed by the other
- If the project was approved, a call will be made to
the applicant/contractor, informing them that the building permit is ready to
be picked up and paid for.
- If the project was denied, a letter will be mailed
to the applicant/contractor outlining what information is required to continue
the review process.